AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dry to Wet, Brown to Green, Dirt to Mud

Dry to Wet, Brown to Green, Dirt to Mud

 

One week ago, Benedict, Sena, and I returned to Zambia after 7 very full weeks in US.  What a difference!   When we left almost everything was brown, all the grass was dried up.  Everywhere you went there was dirt and now the mud on the road to our house is like pudding.   Yesterday as we were leaving, I felt like I was riding in a bumper car at a carnival as Benedict had to turn the steering wheel back and forth to keep the car on the road.   Areas where we had walking paths are now overgrown with tall grass.  It almost seems like a different world.  As a gardener I guess it stands out more to me.   I hope to be able to work some at our Village to make flower beds, plant grass and dig while the dirt is soft.  Give me a shovel and garden fork and I am ready to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home