AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recuperation

I've returned from Johannesburg after having surgery.  I really think it was a miracle that I had major surgery on Monday and was able to fly, pain free, back to Lusaka on Saturday.  Some of the things I experienced while in South Africa:

*People had a hard time understanding me because of my accent.

*The Doctor encouraged me to stay another night.  I wasn't kicked out too soon.

*To make a step-stool to get in the van to take me back to the hotel, the driver used about 4 big phone books.  Worked great.

*Wonderful nurses, and staff of the hospital, and the doctor, Dr. Faeson, was terrific.

 

Now we are back to the Village.  We have a few weeks with very few visitors.  So I will be recuperating and also having teacher orientation and getting Term 3 for school beginning.


1 Comments:

Blogger jason j said...

Wow.. i have been busy and I hadn't been able read your blog over the past few weeks and apparently I missed a lot..

I'm glad to hear that you're recuperating well .

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home