AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

The difference 2 months make

 

I believe that last year at this time I wrote a similar blog about what an amazing change happens between the beginning of Nov and the beginning of January here in Zambia.   When Sena and I left everything was so brown and dry.  (The one exception was a kind of tree that starts to leaf out in anticipation of the rains – quite amazing since there hadn't been rain for 8 months.)  I really was longing for some green.  So now I return.  The whole country is green.  Every little space of land possible has maize/corn growing on it.  Our village has a whole different atmosphere.  The trees and bushes have grown just in that amount of time.  The grass is long, and where before there was just dirt, there is so much grass.    I want to plant some things in the next couple of days so I can take advantage of the part of the rainy season that I'm here for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home