AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Books for Sale!!!

 

I've been working in the Community Center to get all those thousands of books sorted and on the shelves, so hopefully we can start selling them.  They've been in storage for quite a while.  Someone did try to set up a container with the books but they were all a big hodgepodge.  So I'm almost done with that job.  I hear there are some more boxes of books in another container, but I'll ignore that for now.  I think that once we get the word out, and people come and see how nicely they are arranged, we will be able to sell a good number. 

 

One day when our Zimbabwean friend, Di was helping, as she looked in one box, there was a rat.  Brenda, the gal who works for us, tried to kill it in the box but it escaped and went running.  I thought I was getting better about mice and rats, but I found myself running to another part of the room.  It hid behind some books until things were quieter.  Also in the box was a baby rat that Brenda took care of.  We see droppings around as we are sorting and shelving.  Not quite like libraries in the states, unless librarians don't tell us the whole story.

 

 

2 Comments:

Blogger daisy2u said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:32 PM  
Blogger daisy2u said...

It is so good to hear about Roman. I think of him often. Thank you so much for sharing.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home