AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Sunday, June 06, 2010

In the Eye of the Beholder

 

This morning our "water pumping team" for the day was loading into my car to go to school.  It was a cool morning and it t the children came a bit late.  As a couple of them were waiting in the car with me, I saw 2 beautiful doves by the side of the car.  I said to them, "Look at those beautiful doves.  They are purple, a grayish purple."

 

Gift small said, "They are good."  I thought I knew what he was referring to, but I asked, "What do you mean?"   He said, "They taste good when you cook them and eat them.  They taste kind of like chicken."

 

This is just another example of how different people can look at the same object and see 2 very different things.  I saw a beautiful bird, he saw a good meal.  It was all in the eye of the beholder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Hi Kathleen,
This post made me chuckle, I think my husband and his Eastern Shore buddy would be thinking the same thing as Gift Small!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home