AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Black? Skin and White? Skin

Black? Skin and White? Skin

The other day Prudence was helping me with moving books into the new
Bookstore. All of a sudden she asked, "Why do people call us black?
We aren't black we are brown." I agreed with her that she is brown
and I wasn't quite sure why they were called black.

As I continued working and thought about it, I had another idea. I
went over to her, and she was wearing a white top. I put my arm up to
her top. She started to smile real big. I asked her, "Why do people
call us white? We are pink." She laughed in her wonderful laugh and
said, "opposites!" She was meaning that both colors aren't exactly
right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home