AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hot Weather is Here

Hot Weather is Here

I have definitely decided that I like May and June a lot better than
October here in Zambia. The last 2 days it has been close to 100.
And of course no air conditioning anywhere except in the car. I may
decide to travel to Lusaka much more frequently than I usually do!!
I'm starting to freeze a big block of ice that I take to the school
and put in the water container to keep the water cool (at least until
lunch time). The children have water bottles that they keep water in
and we encourage them to keep drinking during the day. They are
sitting in the shade of the verandah to eat lunch these days. The sun
is just too hot.

I may take my own suggestion of pouring water on my head and clothes
for a personal air conditioning system!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home