AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

My Mother's Response to "Feet"

My Mother's Response to "Feet"

I loved the idea about their feet!  You remember that is the way we grew up, barefoot and  outdoors in summer time!  I will never forget nearly burning my feet when we attempted to cross a dry deep dusty field to go over to the neighbors and we  could hardly stand it;  I grew up with many of the hardships of countries still suffering today!  We didn't have electricity, phones and never went to a Library.  Our learning was really wonderful tho as we remember butchering our own animals,  mother canning it and rendering lard outside in huge iron pots!  I always loved my life in the country and is why it was so hard for me to leave it so young to go to the city and a huge big school.  It was probably the only way I would be willing to leave that beautiful place that I loved so much.     So you can see you foot item really brought back memmories for me!  I remember when Robert and I stood out in the barnyard and watched a big plane far up and we wondered how the people were and where they were going and wondering if ever we would fly and I think we assumed it would only be a dream  and then to think that I have  flown all over the world   How mysterious and marvelous are the plans of the Lord as already He knew all about my future and then to have such a good husband and wonderful children and joy and strength in my older age what more could I ever ask for! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home