AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Path for your Thanksgiving Dinner - 1

The Path for your Thanksgiving Dinner – 1

In June, Kayla and Sarah Cook made their second trip to Zambia. Once
again they gave wonderful lessons about the human body. One
assignment for our older class was for the students to pretend to be a
piece of food going through the digestive system.

As we approach Thanksgiving Thursday, the day when most folks over
work their digestive system, I thought it would be a good time to
share the writings of some of our students. Look for more the next
two days!

Prudence: "When you put food in your mouth, the food first goes
through the esophagus. After it goes through the esophagus it goes in
the stomach and then the river makes the gall bladder and the gall
bladder will send the food to the small intestine and after that it
goes to the large intestine. After that it gets to the anus and
that's when we want to go to the toilet."

Paul: "Hello. I am a piece of chicken. When I was put inside the
mouth, I screamed, "Help! Help!' But the teeth weren't so merciful.
It chewed me up and again I screamed. But the saliva pushed me in the
esophagus and the esophagus pushed me in the stomach with a lot of
saliva. The stomach mashed me and pushed me agin in the small
intestine. I went into all dark room and went into the large
intestine. Some of my pieces were left inside and the next thing that
I saw, I found that I was in the toilet."

Terrance: "Hallo. I am a piece of bread. I was on the plate and
someone grabbed and he put me in his mouth. I slid in the esophagus
and I went in the stomach. I went in the small intesting and it was
dark. Then I went in the big intestine. I thought it would be light.
It was more dark. I cried, "Help, Help." I came out of the big
intestine and I was in the toilet."

Shiabu: " I'm a piece of egg. I'm eating eggs. The saliva helps me
to make eggs soft. It will go to the esophagus. It will enter in the
stomach. It will go to the small intestine. It goes to the big
intestine and nutrients separate from the bad food and the nutrients
go other parts of the body."

Exidah: " I am cake. I am food and someone ate me. I had some germs.
My tongue broke the food and we go out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home