AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trip to see Matildah


I just returned from a very short but wonderful time in Louisville with Matildah and the Cook family. I got to see Matildah at her school, meet her teacher, meet the pastor of the church she attends, and meet the other members of the Cook family.

Several years ago Benedict and I were interviewed for the Family Life Today radio program. Kayla Cook heard the interview and the Lord touched her. As a result she came to the Orphan Summit in FL where I made a presentation, in order to meet me. Kayla since that time has made 2 trips to Zambia. It was on her visit last year that she felt led to pursue more complete medical evaluation for Matildah.

I was amazed to see how it is taking the whole family, Kayla and her 3 grown children, her two sisters, and even their friends to respond to Matildah's need. I was moved to tears when I see how God moves from a radio program to change a life for this little girl. I was moved by the care, love, self sacrifice and giving of this family.

Matildah is doing well. She loves her school and they love her. She is touching others. I heard reports of her funny sense of humor, and so many qualities of her personality that are coming out. She showed me the red ribbon of "Student of the Week" that she received. Matildah showed me how she is able to use her legs to walk - not all of the time but it is increasing. She is having regular physical therapy, including water therapy. Monday she will have an appointment with the doctor who will preform her next surgery.

Please keep praying for Matildah and for the Cook family. Thank you Kayla, Sarah, Aaron, Boaz, Arna, Tia, and Elizabeth. The Lord is well pleased!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home