AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Monday, November 09, 2009

A Pre-preschool

 

Today we started what I am calling our pre-preschool.  It won't be organized enough to be our official pre-school.  So I taught it today.  I set up the house that the Lusumpa family was living in, and it will also be the next house with children.  I put bright things on the walls and have materials we can use there.  I had 5 students, 4 of our children and Chipi Hamelryck.  Actually it was quite fun.  I did my Kindermusik thing at the beginning.  I even used the nice instruments that were sent from our music school in Maryland.  They had a time of playing with duplos, painting with water on the outside of the house, sewing with sewing cards for children, hearing books read to them, and counting. 

 

There are actually 5 of our children that will be part of this pre-preschool, but Maselino was sick and went to the clinic.  Idah is the cutest thing, with twinkly eyes that just look like there is mischief waiting to happen.  Joshua is the youngest and quite active, although he cooperated better than I thought he would.  I had taught Kahilu for 3 days when they first came and he is a good boy and one of the older ones at 5.  Ethel is sweet and looks a lot like Docklin.  And of course, none of them speak English.  So we came up with a sign for when they have to go wee-wee.  So everything was fine.  They will learn real quick.

 

Sena and Isha will be leading the group on Tues and Weds, and Paige and Harrison Hamelryck will be doing it on Monday and Thursday.  I guess I will do Fridays.  We only have about two and a half more weeks of school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home