AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference

We have a 13 year old girl who lives with us - a "sister" of Sena.  Today I went to the Parent Teacher Conference Day at the local Government School - Shalubala - where she is in 8th grade.  I really had a sense of being in Africa when I was there. I was probably the only parent who came in a car and with a white face.  Isha and I got bumped to the front of the line of waiting parents.  I accepted this since I was teaching at our School of Hope this week since Teacher Bosman is away.  Isha and I met with each of her teachers, 6 in all, who were seated around the room.  I was amazed and encouraged by the number of parents who came and who were waiting with their children.

Isha said that some of the kids were really scared since if there is criticism from teachers, then they get beaten.  (The word "beat" is used here like we would say hit.  For example the children in our Village will say, "he beat me." At first I pictured bruises and blood, but it could even just mean a slap to them.)  But I'm sure some parents inflict some punishment from home as well.

I'm happy to say that our "daughter" is #1 in her class of 32.

The Head Teacher saw me and asked me to come to his office after I had talked to the teachers.  He knew me from the insert (inservice) we did in December.  I expect that he will come and visit our school sometime soon.  I'm also hoping that we can share some of the extra books we have with that school.  They do have secure places to keep things now, so the books would not probably be stolen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are women whose closets are choc a block full of Christian Louboutin shoes and yet they would love to have more. There is no harm in doing so considering the amount of money that you end up paying for the Christian Louboutin Pumps . Considering the great amount of value that you get in Christian Louboutin Boots and also the quality you will certainly not want to stop at just one Christian Louboutin Sandals .


A large range of ED Hardy like custom T- shirt, half sleeve T- shirts, etc. for men (in sizes M, L, XL, and XXL), women (in sizes S, M, and L), and children and ED Hardy Shoes are also available online in regular price, on discounts, and at wholesale rates. Personalized hoodies, Hip hop hoodies, hardy shirt , Custom hoodies, Fashion hoodies, and hardy shirt are some of them to be specially mentioned.


Finding a pair of comfortable Hogan scarpe walking shoes is your best choice. Walking is one of the best exercises a person can do and a good pair of ladies hogan donna walking shoes can be part of that experience. Hogan scarpe donna shoe is essential that you get exercise several times a week and having the proper active wear is also important, especially your Hogan scarpe uomo shoes.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home