AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Popular vs. Unpopular Work

Popular vs. Unpopular Work

Nelson was helping me do some work the other day. He said, "I don't
understand it. I don't like doing work around the house. But I like
doing work outside my house." He was referring to all the times he
had been helping me and volunteering to do so.

He continued, "When I work outside our house, it makes me feel good."
What a wonderful observation. We had a little talk about how there
are jobs around the house that no one wants to do, but they have to be
done. I said, "All your life there are things you have to do that you
don't really like to do, and then there are other things that you
really like to do."

Nelson was expressing a popular feeling of our children here. They
almost argue over getting to help me do things. They will quickly
volunteer to go to the school during holiday months and do all kinds
of things. There were several who worked very hard helping me set up
the new bookstore next to the Take-away. And all this was done
voluntarily and joyfully. I know that many of you in the US wish your
kids or grandkids had the same attitude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home