AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Through the wardrobe

Through the Wardrobe

For any of you who have read C.S.Lewis' The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe  you will understand when I say that Benedict and I refer to the time we fly back and forth to Zambia as going through the wardrobe.  We move from one world to another.  So after almost 5 weeks in the US, being in 6 states, seeing 5 of our children who all live in different states, being with 7 grandchildren, 2 parents in their 80s, a mother-in-law who is 95, one AKCLI 2-day Board meeting, and things I don't even remember, I leave tonight for London, then Johannesburg, and then Lusaka.  The next 2 nights will be spent sitting up trying to sleep on planes.  By the time I land in Lusaka I will have been in 11 planes since I left On April 3. 

I'm thankful for all the safe flights, my wonderful family, friends who care, my Kindle (makes luggage lighter), and the children I look forward to seeing when I arrive at the Village of Hope.  In my luggage I have 22 pairs of flip-flops for the girls to wear to Teacher Malowa's wedding, books for the teachers, a great Sudoku book, various odds and ends, and clothes including dress shirts for some of the boys.

There won't be any down time when I arrive.  Saturday we will have all the kids do a trial run for the wedding - making sure every one has something nice to wear.  Will probably take pictures of everyone then.  Sunday is the big day with the wedding that everyone will go to in Liteta, and the reception in Chibombo that the 7th graders will attend.  Then Monday teachers report for the start of Term 2.  I just pray that my brain is working and I don't fall asleep when I should be setting up school for the arrival of children on Wednesday!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home