AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Fourth Sunday of Advent



This advent has gone by so quickly. Already we are at the 4th Sunday of Advent - the Sunday before Christmas. My days have been filled with people - family and friends that I don't see most of the year because I am so far away. And my attention has been on Matilda, the miracle girl from Zambia, who would be dead if she hadn't received the medicine for TB, but still carries the results of the disease.

Isn't this what Christmas is all about?....people and miracles. Jesus came because of us, people who needed to see the face of God and to understand His nature and character. And He came to heal, to save, to do the miraculous.

When I see my children and grandchildren and feel my mother's love for them, I'm reminded of the great Love that God has poured out on us. When I spend time with friends I'm reminded of my Best Friend, Jesus, who is always there to listen and to converse with me. And when I see Matilda, I'm reminded that God does the miraculous and gives us the joy of participating with bringing His Kingdom to earth.

As the shepherds, wise men, and even Mary and Joseph worshiped, may this week be filled with worship and awe for a God so big, so kind, so loving, so miraculous that He has made himself known to us, coming humbly as a vulnerable and small babe with only a cow's manger for a bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home