AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3

Week 3

Today was the first day of our 3rd week of school. Yesterday early afternoon we had a heavy rainstorm. I didn’t think any parents would come to the 2nd meeting held at 4pm. However, we had about 12 parents come. These were folks who couldn’t make the Friday meeting. Once again I was encouraged by the interest and desire of these parents to have their children receive a good education.

I’m wondering if we will also be influencing schools in the surrounding area. The head teacher from Shalubala in Landless Corner has his 2 children coming here. A teacher at the school has a daughter here. One of the teachers at Okada Community School has her son coming here. And the niece of the head teacher at Liteta is now a teacher at our school.

I’m trying to learn the names of the new children. I’m not sure that I will ever be able to do that. The goal of learning these names is complicated by the fact that everyone wears uniforms, so they even look even more alike. We have interesting names like Cleopatra, Wisdom, Savour, and familiar names like Elizabeth, Thelma, Abigail.

On the way to church yesterday with my singing team, Prudence said, “I can’t wait til tomorrow. I like school.” I asked those in the car if they liked having new friends. The response was a joyous yes. I believe that it is very good for our children in the Village to be in a setting with other children, bigger classes, and opportunities to share their faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home