AKCLI - Villages of Hope News

AKCLI (All Kids Can Learn International) is a 501(c)3, IRS approved, Christian ministry dedicated to rescuing orphans and raising them as disciples of Jesus Christ for their own nations. AKCLI is creating Villages of Hope, self-sustaining settings in which we provide orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive.

Monday, May 30, 2011

A Teacher and A Student

A Teacher and a Student

I am sharing the writing of a retired teacher and Nelson, a 7th grade
student at our school. At our school we have a visitor book and this
is an entry from last week.

27-05-11 "I visited the School when I came to see one of the teachers
who is my daughter. I was very impressed with what I saw. The school
is very good. I worked as a teacher for a long time in many schools.
I had never seen what I have seen here. There are a lot of materials,
resource materials for both teachers and pupils.
This is a good development to both the community and the country at large.
May the good Lord continue blessing the people that are helping this
place to continue running.
How I wish we can have this kind of school in all the provinces.
Truly the School of Hope has brought hope to all the people of Zambia.
Keep on with this kind of spirit, Mrs. Terry Chisoinga Kombe

"The Reception of Teacher Malowa's Wedding" by Nelson
At Chibombo when we reached, we found that there were many people on
the door that we couldn't get in. The Teacher Chirwa said to the men
who were at the door, "We are the guest of honor." Then the men said,
"Move you people so that the guest of honor can get in." Then we went
in and they gave us a bench to sit on.
When we sat, people came in and started dancing and all the others
were cheering for them. After a while, we were listening to the music
and other people giving speeches. Then the women came and said, "It's
time for Teacher Malowa and Aunty Alice to come in." All the people
cheered when they saw Teacher Malowa and Aunty Alice coming in dancing
with a nice step.
After a while, when all the people settled and when Teacher Malowa
and Aunty Alice sat down, Auntyt Kimberly gave me a camera to go and
take pictures. When I went in front, there were a lot of camera men,
but I managed to take pictures. When people settled, some relatives
of Teacher Malow and Aunty Alice gave a speech about the wedding and
how it was. They said that we must do what is right like the way
Teacher Malowa did it, to make a wedding.
After the relatives of Teacher Malowa and Aunty Alice finished, Aunty
Kathleen went in and gave us a speech saying that it was the first
Zambian wedding that she had ever gone to, and it was interesting to
see how people do when there is a wedding. Afterward we went in and
greeted Teacher Malowa and Aunty Alice saying, "Well done" and
"Congratulations." After some time, people started bringing different
gifts to give Teacher Malowa and Aunty Alice. Then we said, "Goodbye
Teacher Malowa and Aunty Alice.
On the way back home, we went in Aunty Kimberly's car with Aunty Hope
and the other Aunty. After we went for a while we dropped Aunty
Harriet and the other Aunty at Nyirenda Village. Weh n we reached
home, Cottage 2 ran to us and asked us how it was. Then I went home
and I ate my food. After that I read my books and my Bible. Then I
prayed and slept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home